Friday, August 3, 2012

Third Clue (1934)

Complex old dark house murder mystery revolving around Indian jewels given to a rich family by a maharajah. The Indian people want the jewels back and take steps to get them. As the bodies pile up, many accidentally, the various factions attempt to find the hidden jewels.

I’m not sure what I think of this film.

Actually I’m not sure what exactly happens in this film, all I know is that its twisted mystery with lots of questionable characters trying to get their hands on the hidden jewels.

Seriously this is a wild film that is very unlike almost anything you’d see in Hollywood at the time. Everyone seems to be on the make. Everyone is culpable for some sort of mischief. People die graphically, well for the period. You really don’t know who to root for.

And where are the police?

In Hollywood this would have turned into a convdentional mystery with some sort of detective wandering through, instead we have all these people crisscrossing through a manner house.

It’s amazing.

I’ve seen the film twice and I kind of understand whats going on, and I’m going to see it again, mostly when I subject other people to the film.

See this film. If you love old dark house films you really need to see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment